If your company hasn’t already embraced — or isn’t even considering — mobility as a lead technology, then your days are numbered. Whether your goal is to attract new customers or drive productivity in your staff, mobility is key.
The stats prove it with mobile consumers spending 89% of their mobile media time on apps and more than half (53%) of executives rely on business apps to improve business processes and increase productivity.
If you’re reading this blog, then you must be at least a little curious about what mobility can mean for your business, so let’s help you understand how Managed Mobility Services (MMS) can enhance your business opportunities — not only to survive, but thrive.
Big Benefits Don’t Have to Mean Extensive Effort
Instead of giving you a laundry list of the numerous benefits mobility can deliver for your business, let’s just touch on the top four.
- Keep employees connected. With 58% of companies using apps to gain mobile access to critical enterprise systems, how productive is your staff if they lack access to mission-critical applications — mail, calendar, contacts and other essential business applications — to meet your business needs?
- Align customer expectations. Customers demand instant access, support and information regarding your offerings — 80% of smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies with mobile sites or apps that help them get the information they need when they want it.
- Strengthen your employer brand. Employee prospects, especially millennials and Gen Z, look to work for companies that innovate. How do you expect to get the best talent when you can’t even reach them?
- Increase your opportunities for greater revenue. Mobility drives increased productivity, engagement and growth. Look at leading-edge companies like Uber and Airbnb which have no physical products and no brick-and-mortar — but are two of the most successful companies in the world thanks to their mobile ingenuity.
Now you understand why you need transform, but don’t get caught in the trap of trying to do it with the resources you have or it could be just as bad as staying stagnant.
Myths of Mobility Outsourcing
There are several reasons businesses shy away from MMS and want to manage their mobility in-house:
- Afraid that outsourcing will give their employees the wrong impression, making employees think that they’re expendable and could be losing their jobs
- Think it costs too much since adding another operating expense to an already tight budget seems counterintuitive
- Misconception that their analysts can do it all, since that’s how it’s always been and no one is complaining
Outsourcing to a partner who lives and breathes mobility benefits your team by providing a trusted resource that is committed to helping your business grow. Think of it as an extension of your team, but without all the fuss and paperwork. You can outsource any or all parts of managing your mobile strategy so you can alleviate the burden to your team, and instead focus those internal resources on the strategic initiatives core to your business.
Managed Mobility Services (MMS) is an investment, but it pays for itself in customer and user satisfaction. When a helpdesk call can be 30 minutes, how much money are you wasting on that one call when your team could be doing something more productive and profitable? It may sound cliché, but it really does pay for itself. For a taste of how outsourcing your mobility management could save you money, check out our ROI Calculator.
Having an analyst wasting time doing help desk support means you’re not getting your money’s worth, and when your top talent isn’t challenged to innovate, they will look to move on and leave you behind.
Top 5 Ways Managed Mobility Solutions (MMS) can Benefit Your Business
- Maximize uptime for mobile and field employees as well as customer connectivity
- Ensure that the environment is secure with professional monitoring
- Guarantee system updates are installed regularly and policies are implemented in a timely manner
- Grow your profits by expanding your revenue opportunities with customers, while cutting expenses of overpaid help desk support
- Increase your employer brand reputation as a company that values innovation and encourages employee creativity in development
Though the title of this blog may seem fatalistic, it really is true. Vox Mobile is here to help you transform and take the weight of managing your mobility off your shoulders.
Our mission is to help organizations, of any size, reap the full benefits of mobility innovation. We offer a single source for complete Managed Mobility Services, with flexible options to meet your specific needs (today and in the future) — all at one, predictable cost.
By Patricia Ross